So. You’ve got a story to tell.
Maybe you’re a first-time author with an independent streak. Maybe you’re a seasoned self-published author who’s looking for a fresh, new direction. Maybe your corporation needs some innovative ways to celebrate a significant company event. Maybe you’re a director of a nonprofit who likes to work with other professionals who are as down-to-earth and creative as you are. Or maybe you’re hankering to become the next Mark Twain?
And you’re wondering …
Is there a plain-speaking, innovative author services company out there that can help me through the minefield of publishing, marketing, and distribution? One that can help me produce an affordable book that has a fighting chance in the marketplace??
The answer is:
The difference between the almost right word and the right word is really a large matter
’tis the difference between the lightning-bug
and the lightning.
In the publishing world we are categorized as a hybrid publisher. We are a member in good standing with the Independent Book Publishers Association (IBPA). The IBPA best describes the hybrid publisher as one that behaves just like a traditional publishing company in all respects, except that they publish books using an author-subsidized business model, as opposed to financing all costs themselves, and in exchange return a higher-than-industry-standard share of sales proceeds to the author. We think our non-cookie cutter approach as a hybrid publisher is innovative and flexible to allow our authors the best value in their approach to their individual market place.
Curious sorts, we are interested in both Fiction and Non-fiction genres and All subjects including, but not limited to:
- Private Corporate Histories
- Biographies and Autobiographies
- Creative Non-Fiction
- Novels: Adventure, Thriller, Crime, Humor
- Spiritual and Inspirational
- Poetry, works in verse
- Breakout Mainstream
- Family Memoirs
- Children’s Fiction
- Young Adult
- Short-story series
- Celebrations for nonprofit organizations-
museums, art galleries and social sector organizations
We are a full-service company providing:
- Manuscript writing
- Writing Coach
- Art Direction
- Graphic Design
- Layout formatting
- Type Specification
- Production Art
Our wide range of options includes:
- Digital Print-On-Demand (POD)
- Ebook applications (Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPhone/iPod Touch, B&N Nook, Sony Reader, Kobo Reader and more)
- Traditional print reproduction crafts using full-color offset lithography printing, including the ancient art of silkscreen printing and many specialized bindery applications
- Custom bindery and decoration options and including foil stamping, special die cuts, page tip-ins, pop-ups, embossing/debossing, vacuum forming, flow-molding, multitude of plastic materials and unusual fabrics or leather-bound options.
- Custom loose-leaf ring binders and index tabs and other presentation packaging options for complicated or coffee-table book projects
We are a complete book manufacturing service, covering:
- Art Direction and Design
- Book Production management
- Marketing and Public Relations
- Distribution into all major markets, including USA, UK, Canada, Europe, and parts of Asia including China, Japan, and Korea
- Programs that create opportunity for sales or investment returns including fund raising and membership development for nonprofits
We’re an ideal publishing company for
Our clients are no run-of-the-mill layabouts, either. In fact, they’re downright particular. They expect a commonsense approach. Like us, they have a bit of a rogue spirit. And they’re not afraid to light out for the territory ahead of the rest.
We would love to
help you tell your
J. H. Clark