Ready for the next steps?
So now you have your book written, designed, and ready to go to press and you’re asking yourself, what’s next?
- How many books should I print?
- How do I start marketing to sell them?
- Do I need a web site? How can I use my web site?
- What about Google, Yahoo, or any other search engines?
- Facebook, Twitter, and other social networks as a marketing tool?
- How do I get this book into bookstores? Into Amazon.com, Barnes & Noble, and independent book stores locally and across the USA?
- Who is going to warehouse and drop-ship my books?
- Do I have an audience in Canada, Europe, and Asia?
- Should I create an ebook?
- Would an ebook fit into my marketing plan?
Marketing Promotion & Public Relations customized to produce sales.
Custom Royalty Agreement
- In the self-publishing world, most book projects are funded by the author or the organization paying the bills. However, Old Stone Press from time to time will share in the risk or invest in the project through discounting services (especially in the non-profit world). In the for-profit world, we may choose to invest in the project if it makes good business sense. In some special cases we may consider partnering with the client and share in the marketplace risk by investing a portion or all of our fees and in return share a percentage commission or “royalty” payment with the author or author organization based on book sale performance in the marketplace.
- Special code for selling your book on your blog or website
Old Stone Press Marketplace BookBuy Page
- This can be a simple as links from our web site to Amazon or Barnes & Noble or directly to an independent bookstore in your community, depending on the custom PR and marketing distribution package we build for you. Our book-marketing partnerships could open a whole new marketplace you never dreamed you could reach—that you never even knew existed.
Social Media BookBuy Page
- Book summary
- Author biography
- YouTube/Vimeo videos
- BookBuy buttons
- Integration with Facebook and Twitter
PR Basic Package
- Draft press release that ensures wide distribution for
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
PR Media Outreach Package
- Create a targeted media list
- Outreach to the most effective media outlets tailored
to the specific genre and book market as follows,
but not limited to:
- Publishers Weekly
- New York Times
- The Huffington Post
- Wall Street Journal
- Christian Science Monitor
- School Library Journal
- Kirkus Reviews
- Scholastic Parent & Child
- Parenting Magazine
- The Horn Book Magazine
- Discuss book review/giveaway opportunities
- Manage getting books to media
- Follow up with media to answer questions
- Issue Media Feedback Report with contact information and status
PR Social Media Package
- Discuss social media opportunities and objectives
- Offer examples of successful campaigns
- Develop Facebook and Twitter pages
- Provide passwords to author
The value that Old Stone Press
brings to the table is a well-researched and well-developed network of the best book-marketing collaborators in the business. Working with them, we can bundle and customize services to fit your individual budget, goals, and requirements. Together we make the art of book making, marketing and distribution affordable, less complicated, and easy to understand.
We will make sure that your project gets everything it needs, and—just as important—that you don’t purchase services your book doesn’t need.
We don’t believe that one size fits all. Customized means just that—a perfect fit designed especially for you and your project.